Large format digital capture of your artwork. Use our service for either for printmaking or to archive your work.
If you are creating a print based on an original, high quality photography is essential.
Five photography essentials for accurate image reproduction
1. Lighting needs to be of the same intensity and hue across the area of the image.
2. Positioning of the lights needs to be done is such a way that light flare off the surface of the paint is eliminated as much as possible to achieve this can be very difficult particularly when trying to maintain flat lighting intensity. No two paintings every seem to be the same. This part of the process can take anything up to an hour to find the best possible lighting positions.
3. The camera lens should be apochromatic
"All glass refracts (bends) light to a certain degree, but unfortunately does not bend all colours of the visible light spectrum equally. Hence, you can get a "prism" effect or color fringing on point-sources of light in an image. An "APO" design uses combinations of special glass in their design to bring the three primary colours of visible light (red, green and blue) back together at the plane of focus, hence eliminating the color fringing..." ( with thanks to Photo.net )
4. The camera must be absolutely square to the artwork to ensure dimensional accuracy.
5. The film or digital back needs sto be capable of very high resolution. a good reproduction needs from 200DPI at the final image size to 600DPI at the final image size. This means your files will be in the magnitude of 100+ meg. depending on the size of the finished print.
We will shortly have our new van that will enable us to collect your work from your house and return it after photography.